Military and Veterans
The following information is for military personnel and veterans. In addition to these resources, my office may be able to help veterans experiencing issues with the Deparmtent of Veterans Affairs (VA) or another fedeal agency. Our staff can assist veterans with compensation and medical benefits, survivor benefits, vocational rehabilitation, military medals, and education benefits, among other things.
You can reach my Tifton District Office at (229) 396-5175 or my Warner Robins Office at (478) 971-1776. You can also send me an email through my website by clicking here.
- Military OneSource — Information includes: deployment, reunion, relationships, grief, spouse employment and education, parenting and childhood services.
- Tax Information for Members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- TRICARE — The military's health care program.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) — lists offices, by state, as well as information and resources on the following topics:
- How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?
- How can I get education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill?
- How can I get medical benefits?
- How can I get information on suicide prevention?
- How can I get a home loan?
- How can I get life insurance?
- How can I get vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits?
- How can I get survivor benefits?
- What drug benefits are available?
- How can I get a copy of my military records?
- How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?
- Where can I get more information on federal benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get more information on my state's benefits for veterans?
- Would you like to apply for veterans benefits? Use VONAPP to apply online.
- Would you like to appeal a decision? Find out how at the Board of Veterans Appeals.
More information and help
- Where can I get more information on Federal benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get more information on Georgia benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get more information for women veterans?
- Where can I get help getting my veterans benefits?
Veterans Crisis Line
If you or someone you know is in need of immediate assistance, the Veterans Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource available 24/7. You can chat online at VeteransCrisisLine.net, by calling 1-800-273-8255, or by texting 838255.
Veterans facilities in and around the Eighth District:
Malcom Randall VA Medical Center
1601 SW Archer Road
Gainesville, FL 32608
352-376-1611 | 800-324-8387
Lake City VA Medical Center
619 South Marion Avenue
Lake City, FL 32025
386-755-3016 | 800-308-8387
Atlanta VA Medical Center
1670 Clairmont Road
Decatur, GA 30033
Macon VA Clinic
5398 Thomaston Road, Suite B
Macon, GA 31220
Albany VA Clinic
Marine Corps Logistics Base
814 Radford Blvd, Bldg. 7000
Albany, GA 31701
Valdosta VA Outpatient Clinic
348 Enterprise Drive, Suite B
Valdosta, GA 31601
Kathleen VA Clinic
2370 Houston Lake Rd