Military Academy Nominations
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. For more information, please review the page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination.
Members of Congress may nominate candidates for appointment to four of the five U.S. service academies:
- U.S. Military Academy (USMA), West Point, NY
- U.S. Naval Academy (USNA), Annapolis, MD
- U.S. Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO
- U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Kings Point, NY
- The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy (USCGA), New London, CT, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment.
Congressman Scott may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot alloted to our district. To request an application to be considered for a Military Academy Nomination from our office, please complete the form below.
My application process is open each year from June until October. You may request an application from my office any time after June 1st of the year prior to when you wish to attend a Military Academy. For current seniors, this year's deadline is October 19, 2018. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.