For press inquiries, please contact:
- Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus, Co-Chair
- Click here for a full list of Committees and Caucuses Rep. Scott sits on.
- 8th District: Middle Georgia --
- Cities of Moultrie, Tifton, Thomasville, Warner Robins, Valdosta, and parts of Macon
- Counties: Atkinson, Ben Hill, Berrien, Bibb (Partial), Bleckley, Brooks, Colquitt, Cook, Dodge, Houston, Irwin, Jones, Lanier, Lowndes (Partial), Monroe, Pulaski, Telfair, Thomas, Tift, Turner, Twiggs, Wilcox, Wilkinson, and Worth.
- Military Instilations: Robins Air Force Base and Moody Air Force Base
- Elected: Assumed office January 3, 2011 (112th Congress)
- Education: Attended the University of Georgia, Athens, Georiga, B.B.A. in Risk Management and Insurance
- Family: Married, Vivien Scott; Children, 3, Wells, Gabriela, and John Philip
- Click here to download a high resolution copy of his official headshot.
Congressman Austin Scott is in his sixth term as the U.S. Representative for Georgia's Eighth Congressional District. His committee assignments include the House Armed Services Committee and the House Agriculture Committee, both vitally important to Georgia and the Eighth District. He is known as a respected voice on national security and agriculture issues and a fierce fighter for Georgia’s military installations and rural communities.
A leading member of the House Armed Services Committee and the only Georgian on a Congressional defense committee, Congressman Scott sits on the Subcommittee on Readiness and the Subcommittee on Intelligence and Special Operations. Additionally, he serves on the Board of Visitors for the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation and the NATO Parliamentary Assembly. Congressman Scott fights to ensure we have the best equipped and trained military in the world, including capabilities to combat adversaries like China, Russia, and Iran. He works with military leaders to strengthen the missions at Robins and Moody Air Force Bases in Georgia’s Eighth District and provide the tools our warfighters need to keep our country safe.
As a senior member of the House Agriculture Committee, Congressman Scott is the Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management and also serves on the Subcommittee on Commodity Exchanges, Energy, and Credit and the Subcommittee on Biotechnology, Horticulture, and Research. In addition, he is the co-chair of the Congressional Crop Insurance Caucus. Congressman Scott focuses his work on issues important to Georgia’s farmers and rural communities, including increasing export market access and free trade agreements, bolstering grant programs for rural communities, strengthening crop insurance and disaster assistance programs, bridging the digital divide in rural America, and modernizing agencies within the committee’s jurisdiction like USDA and the CFTC.
Congressman Scott graduated from the University of Georgia with a B.B.A. in Risk Management and Insurance and owned and operated an insurance brokerage firm for nearly twenty years. He and his wife Vivien reside in Tifton and have three children, Wells, Gabriela, and John Philip.