For press inquiries, please contact:
- Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus, Vice Chairman
- Click here for a full list of Committees and Caucuses Rep. Scott sits on.
- 8th District: Middle Georgia --
- Cities of Moultrie, Tifton, Thomasville, Warner Robins, Valdosta, and parts of Macon
- Counties: Atkinson, Ben Hill, Berrien, Bibb (Partial), Bleckley, Brooks, Colquitt, Cook, Dodge, Houston, Irwin, Jones, Lanier, Lowndes (Partial), Monroe, Pulaski, Telfair, Thomas, Tift, Turner, Twiggs, Wilcox, Wilkinson, and Worth.
- Military Instilations: Robins Air Force Base and Moody Air Force Base
- Elected: Assumed office January 3, 2011 (112th Congress)
- Education: Attended the University of Georgia, Athens, Georiga, B.B.A. in Risk Management and Insurance
- Family: Married, Vivien Scott; Children, 3, Wells, Gabriela, and John Philip
Austin Scott is in his fourth-term as the U.S. Representative for Georgia's Eighth Congressional District. Prior to his election to Congress 2010 he was a small business owner and spent 14 years in the Georgia state House, beginning with his first election at age 26.
Austin, who graduated from the University of Georgia with a B.B.A. in Risk Management and Insurance, owned and operated an insurance brokerage firm for nearly twenty years. He has his Series 7, CLU, CHFC, RHU and REBC and, until his election to Congress, he had been a long-time member of NAIFA.
He is known as a conservative on both economic and social issues and as a fierce defender of limited government and a strong national defense.
Austin's political experience on the state level and background in risk management has given him a unique perspective in Washington. He utilizes that understanding to draft and promote legislation which works to open access to capital for American businesses, eliminate burdensome regulations on entrepreneurs and investors, and provide economic opportunities for the next generation.
Scott serves as the Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee's Subcommittee on Commodity Exchanges, Energy, and Credit. Additionally, he is an active Member on the House Armed Services Committee, where he serves on the Readiness Subcommittee and the Emerging Threats and Capabilities Subcommittee.
Austin and his wife, Vivien, reside in Tifton, GA with their three children Wells, Gabriela, and John Philip.